Re: dash 0.5.11.2, busybox sh 1.32.0, FreeBSD 12.2 sh: spring TTOU but should not i think

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20201219172838.1B-WB%steffen@xxxxxxxxxx>:
 |Long story short, after falsely accusing BSD make of not working

After dinner i shortened it a bit more, and attach it again, ok?
It is terrible, but now less redundant than before.
Sorry for being so terse, that problem crosses my head for about
a week, and i was totally mislead and if you bang your head
against the wall so many hours bugs or misbehaviours in a handful
of other programs is not the expected outcome.

  #?0|kent:tmp$ SHELL=/bin/bash make -f jobo.mk
  ./mx-test.sh
  Starting job reaper (timeout of 2 seconds)
  .. waiting for job reaper to come up
  PRE T1 CHEK
  PREWAIT
  CHECK 10
  ls: cannot access '/NONEXISTENT': No such file or directory
  CHECK /bin/bash 50
  allexport       off
  braceexpand     on
  emacs           off
  errexit         off
  errtrace        off
  functrace       off
  hashall         on
  histexpand      off
  history         off
  ignoreeof       off
  interactive-comments    on
  keyword         off
  monitor         on
  noclobber       off
  noexec          off
  noglob          off
  nolog           off
  notify          off
  nounset         off
  onecmd          off
  physical        off
  pipefail        off
  posix           off
  privileged      off
  verbose         off
  vi              off
  xtrace          off
  CHECK 23
  CHECK 100
  AFTER T1 CHEK
  Stopping job reaper
  make: *** [jobo.mk:2: test] Error 1

That is how it "should look" ;), monitor is on in there.

  #?2|kent:tmp$ SHELL=/bin/dash make -f jobo.mk
  ./mx-test.sh
  Starting job reaper (timeout of 2 seconds)
  .. waiting for job reaper to come up
  TTOU
  Cleaning up running jobs
  Stopping job reaper
  make: *** [jobo.mk:2: test] Error 2

Somehow refuses to work when supervised by (any) make (i tried).
Works as desired when ridden directly.

  #?2|kent:tmp$ SHELL=/bin/mksh make -f jobo.mk
  ./mx-test.sh
  Starting job reaper (timeout of 2 seconds)
  .. waiting for job reaper to come up
  PRE T1 CHEK
  CHECK 10
  PREWAIT
  ls: cannot access '/NONEXISTENT': No such file or directory
  PREWAIT
  PREWAIT
  PREWAIT
  PREWAIT
  PREWAIT
  PREWAIT
  PREWAIT
  TIMEOUT IN PARENT

  !! Timeout: reaped job 1 [X_errexit]
  Stopping job reaper

And that condition is very strange, with or without supervision.

Ciao!

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

test: