dash 0.5.11.2, busybox sh 1.32.0, FreeBSD 12.2 sh: spring TTOU but should not i think

Hello.

Long story short, after falsely accusing BSD make of not working
when child shells use monitor mode someone pointed me into the
correct direction, and whereas the major problem was on the mksh
side (that sneaked in via $SHELL even though .. but regardless)
and was already reported, i can report a minor issue with the
mentioned shells nonetheless: with the reproducer (please do not
complain, it tooks hours to get it that short), when run under
supervision of a(ny tested) make(1), they spring a TTOU trap even
though they should not .. i think.

Please run via "make -f jobo.mk SHELL=YOUR-SHELL", and you should
see something like

  ./mx-test.sh
  Starting job reaper (timeout of 2 seconds)
  .. waiting for job reaper to come up
  TTOU

where this TTOU should not happen i would say.  It does not happen
with bash nor mksh nor OpenBSD sh and ksh, nor NetBSD sh and eh,
ksh, hmm.

I hope this helps, a nice weekend from Germany i wish,

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

test:
	./mx-test.sh