Re: Changes to job handling cause hangs in wait

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 10:50:19AM +0000, Harald van Dijk wrote:

> This used to exit immediately, leaving the sleep process running in the
> background without waiting for it. On the dash that's currently provided by
> Ubuntu, based on 0.5.10.2, it still behaves that way. With current dash from
> Git, it does not. This is clearly a change in behaviour in dash not in
> response to any bug (real or not) in bash.

I'm not suggesting it's a bug in bash.  If anything it's a bug
in the script.  You should never do a naked wait unless you are
sure that there are no other children around that you don't know of.

In the original bug, the proper solution is to wait on the PID
that the script just sent a kill signal to.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>