Re: [bug] dash eats one line

Hi,

On 27/11/2020 12:16, Pedro wrote:
Hi,

I am using dash on debian 10 buster (stable release) which according to `dpkg -S dash` is `Version: 0.5.10.2-5`

evilham encountered a bug where dash eats one line but not in freebsd's shell nor bash

attached you can find an example to reproduce it

execution of the example in my computer (enableUFWRules is not in new line):

  ./dash-bug.sh
# Enable UFW rules only if requested (it was)enableUFWRules

  $ bash dash-bug.sh
# Enable UFW rules only if requested (it was)
enableUFWRules

This looks like <https://www.mail-archive.com/dash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01883.html>, which has been fixed in dash 0.5.11. I can confirm that your script produces the expected output with dash 0.5.11 as well as dash built from current Git.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk