[bug] dash eats one line

Hi,

I am using dash on debian 10 buster (stable release) which according to `dpkg -S dash` is `Version: 0.5.10.2-5`

evilham encountered a bug where dash eats one line but not in freebsd's shell nor bash

attached you can find an example to reproduce it

execution of the example in my computer (enableUFWRules is not in new line):

 ./dash-bug.sh
# Enable UFW rules only if requested (it was)enableUFWRules

 $ bash dash-bug.sh
# Enable UFW rules only if requested (it was)
enableUFWRules

and as extra reference, here you have some workarounds to avoid the bug in your dash script [1]

Salut,
Pedro

[1]

failed