Re: where to obtain dash 0.5.9.1?

Hi,

On 15/02/2017 22:07, Eric Blake wrote:
I see in dash.git checked out from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dash/dash.git that dash 0.5.9.1 was
released several months ago.  But all my attempts to connect to
http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/dash/files/ (as recommended by
google) to obtain the official tarball are timing out. Is there another
location that mirrors the official dash tarballs?

A quick search brings up sites which happen to include copies of dash-0.5.9.1.tar.gz:

<http://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/blfs/svn/d/dash-0.5.9.1.tar.gz>
<https://sources.voidlinux.eu/dash-0.5.9.1/dash-0.5.9.1.tar.gz>

Both of those, today, are the exact same file I had previously downloaded from Herbert Xu's site and still have locally. Its sha256 hash is 5ecd5bea72a93ed10eb15a1be9951dd51b52e5da1d4a7ae020efd9826b49e659, you can verify that it matches.

Has the project
website moved somewhere, and google just not caught up to the new
location?  Or is it a transient failure that will be fixed soon now that
I've called attention to it?

There has not been any announcement on this mailing list, so I suspect simply the latter.

Or am I expected to build from git rather
than from tarball these days?

No, that shouldn't be necessary, at least not for 0.5.9.1.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give.