Re: Dash fails to compile on UTF-8 with the Coreutils i18n patch

William Immendorf <will.immendorf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think you might rember this madness if you were around the LFS/BLFS
> lists and this list:
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2009-August/065714.html
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2009-August/063125.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00151.html
>
> As of now, HEAD still fails with the exact same error!!!!!! The
> solution: Change all LC_COLLATES to LC_CTYPES in mkbuiltins, and it
> should work on the affected (Both LFS and Fedora), and on ones that
> aren't affected. Please, can you dash that fix out for me?

Well the fix just papers over the issue.

If you can reproduce the problem, please

1) Confirm that setting LC_CTYPES on the sed command only in
mkbuiltins also fixes the issue;
2) See if [[:lower:]] instead of [a-z] fixes the problem without
LC_CTYPES.

Thanks,