Re: dash regression against klibc

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:06:23PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>  >
>  > _GNU_SOURCE is defined by the application, not by the library.
>
>  Yes, however the macro AC_GNU_SOURCE is supposed to define it
>  only for glibc.  Having seen the actual code though it seems
>  that the automake documentation is misleading and the macro is
>  always defined regardless of the library being used.
>
>  I'll change it to use __GLIBC__ instead.

That change makes it work fine here. Thanks for looking into all of this.

I forgot to hit reply to all on the last email I sent to just Herbert,
so I've included that below as well.

-Dan

>  Could you find out exactly what getcwd returned under klibc?
>  Or perhaps somehow _GNU_SOURCE is still being defined under
>  klibc?

OK, here we go:
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <limits.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
       char buf[PATH_MAX];
       char *ptr;

       ptr = getcwd(buf, PATH_MAX);

       printf("%s", ptr);
}

$ klcc test.c

$ ./a.out
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash

$ env - ./a.out
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash

And yes, as hpa said while I was finishing up this email, _GNU_SOURCE
is still enabled during the compile even with klibc. I can see that it
is defined in config.h even when running with this configure line:
$ ./configure CC=klcc LD=klcc CFLAGS="-D__CTYPE_NO_INLINE"