Re: dash regression against klibc

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:25:30PM +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:
>  >
>  > I suspect the problem is klibc's getcwd implementation but this
>  > should confirm it for us.
>
>  Actually klibc's getcwd is just fine as it is.  It's dash that's
>  relying on glibc extensions of getcwd.
>
>  This patch sould make it work again.

You pushed this patch to git, so I tried to grab the repository and
compile from there. I'll follow this message with a series of patches
to fix some other compilation issues that have cropped up since the
last release of klibc.

Unfortunately this patch didn't work:
$ for f in /bin/bash /bin/sh /usr/lib/klibc/bin/sh /bin/dash
./src/dash; do echo "  trying shell $f:"; env - $f -c 'echo $PWD; pwd;
pwd -P; /bin/pwd'; done
  trying shell /bin/bash:
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
  trying shell /bin/sh:
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
  trying shell /usr/lib/klibc/bin/sh:
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
  trying shell /bin/dash:

/home/dmcgee/projects/dash
  trying shell ./src/dash:

/home/dmcgee/projects/dash

So the post-patch version of dash is acting identical to the prepatch
version. I'm not convinced this is a dash problem- it could very well
be an upstream klibc issue, and I will try to look into this
possibility as well.

-Dan