Re: LDAP authentication without saslautd

Ah. Yea, sorry: I forgot to mention that for - no good reason other than the love of simplicity - another constraint that I am imposing on the solution is that I do not want to use saslauthd. I guess that actually sort of answers the "what am I missing" part of the question. But I am missing that on purpose. I just do not want that daemon running.

So actually this is actually more kind of a feature request: I'd like to have the functionality of that 2001 patch implemented. :-) And, as I assume everybody is busy scratching their own itches: Is there any good reason for me not to pursue this?