Re: Cyrus SASL 2.1.28 testing

Hi Ken,

Wow!  My ages-old INN integration still works.

Sure!  It dates back to 2004!
  https://github.com/InterNetNews/inn/blob/main/nnrpd/sasl.c

I took care of these last years :-)

From time to time, there are little adjustments to do (like gcc warnings or in 2009, a null character was added by sasl_encode64() that Cyrus SASL did not add before - to fix a US-CERT vulnerability; and CVE-2011-0411 affected both STARTTLS and AUTHINFO SASL in INN implementation). Works pretty fine anyway. Not much has changed from your original integration.

Thanks again for having provided it. I hope more news clients will implement SASL authentication though (it has not yet been spread amongst news clients, still using legacy AUTHINFO USER with TLS).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Poussez pas derrière !
  – Pas si vite devant ! » (Astérix)