Re: to much syslogging by default

On 01/28/2015 07:52 PM, Dan White wrote:
On 01/28/15 17:51 +0100, Pavel Reichl wrote:

On 01/27/2015 06:51 PM, Dan White wrote:
On 01/27/15 18:13 +0100, Pavel Reichl wrote:
On 01/27/2015 05:38 PM, Dan White wrote:
Would it be possible to change priority of this messages to not be printed by default?

What is your configured log_level (if any), and what log level are you
logging at in your syslog config?

Hello Dan,

I'm not aware the we configure log_level, but if you give me a hint what to grep for I'll check it.

Actually we are using journal, but it seems that the level is 7.

log_level is a sasl option, and would be configured in the same place as
mech_list. For Cyrus IMAP, it would be sasl_log_level within
/etc/imapd.conf, or in a stand alone config file for most other servers.

I don't think we use any kind of configuration file.
We use SASL via openldap lib so I'm currently looking into its code to see if they set it, or if we can set it through some openldap lib option.

It's a file name slapd.conf, located in a sasl specific directory. You
should consult your OS's documentation for its location. /usr/lib/sasl2 and
/etc/sasl/ are two common locations.

Anyway, I'm not sure it will help I looked again through SASL code and if I understand the code correctly:

1) setting debug_level has no effect
2) there's no way how to use our own log callback

Am I right?

I suspect you are right, as your analysis indicates.
Thanks, do you think there's going to be any effort to fix these issues any time soon?