Re: How to debug warning: SASL authentication failure: could not verify password?

On 9/26/14 11:39 PM, paul@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Ivan,

Just have a couple of questions..  It's been awhile since I've downloaded and compiled from the source.

1) What is https://github.com/ivanrichwalski/Cyrus-SASL, when would one use it?
It's just a mirror of the latest cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 source, where I posted it with my patch for select() applied. I'd recommend either using the patch against the source, until the fixs gets included.
2) Which source would you download from, I see http://www.cyrussasl.org/mediawiki/index.php/Downloads#SASL_Library has 2.1.26 available? I wonder if that contains a fix.
For my system that was having failures, I used the 2.1.25 source, because that's the same version of the package Joyent has installed.
3) Would you remove the current package first?
4) What files would you recommend backing up before hand?

Because I used the exact same version from Joyent's install, I left the existing package in place and only replaced the file /opt/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2.0.25

Ivan.