Overflowed buffer

Hi,
I modified "plain.c" to add another parameter as an image to the sasl server. Now the parameter structure would be as below:

Authentication-id Authorization-id Password Image

The fourth parameter Image will be a base-64 converted string. When I tried passing a image of small length say (20000 characters), There is no problem in it, The mechanism can accept it. I tested the same with huge image where the base-64 string is of (1,00000) characters. I am getting the response "Overflowed Buffer".

What Will be the issue here? I am calling the SASL mechanism from client end via IMAP.