Re: Fwd: SASL Server Plugin

On 11/21/12 14:18 +0530, Mathew iprocessor wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I dont need to implement a email server. I
just need to wirte my own mechanism just like PLAIN. For this I renamed
mech name to something like "sample-mech" and compiled it added the
corresponding .so files in /usr/lib64/sasl2. I gave the command
"sasl2-shared-mechlist" i get Available mechanisms: sample-mech. *Everything
is ok till now.*

*I tried creating a sample-mech.c and compiled it and copied the .so file
to /usr/lib64/sasl2, now when I give the command "sasl2-shared-mechlist".
Now the mechanism name is not getting listed as above. What might be the
reason for this? Do I need to  anything extra while adding a mechanism like
this? *Please suggest..!

Check syslog (auth facility) for any errors in loading your shared library.