Fwd: SASL Server Plugin

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I dont need to implement a email server. I just need to wirte my own mechanism just like PLAIN. For this I renamed mech name to something like "sample-mech" and compiled it added the corresponding .so files in /usr/lib64/sasl2. I gave the command "sasl2-shared-mechlist" i get Available mechanisms: sample-mech. Everything is ok till now.

A small change I tried the above editing plain.c and the below explanation is about my own file (sample-mech.c).

I tried creating a sample-mech.c and compiled it and copied the .so file to /usr/lib64/sasl2, now when I give the command "sasl2-shared-mechlist". Now the mechanism name is not getting listed as above. What might be the reason for this? Do I need to  anything extra while adding a mechanism like this? Please suggest..!