Re: Postfix SMTP auth doesn't work with cyrus-sasl 2.1.25

--On Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:47 AM +0000 Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Sorry, I was a bit busy with day job and didn't participate in this
discussion earlier.

It seems to me like the lack of auxprop mechanisms completely breaks
Cyrus-SASL in 2.1.25, where as in 2.1.23, other plugins would continue
to work.

No plugin other than PLAIN, LOGIN, GSSAPI or GS2 can work without auxprop
plugins. How are you verifying account passwords with LOGIN?

Can you give me the full stack that leads to this call? I think one of
the functions up the
stack needs to handle this error gracefully.

I wasn't validating the account passwords with LOGIN initially. I was primarily using the sample server/client shipped with cyrus-sasl to see what was causing the "no mechanisms" error to occur. That error occurs prior to the actual authentication happening. Once I had a working solution, I used AUTH LOGIN with Postfix to confirm I could now successfully authenticate with user/password.

So you should be able to trivially use the sample server/client that ships with Cyrus-SASL to create the full stack of function calls that leads to this point.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff