Re: Postfix SMTP auth doesn't work with cyrus-sasl 2.1.25

Hi,
Sorry, I was a bit busy with day job and didn't participate in this discussion earlier.

On 10/01/2012 21:10, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:45 PM -0600 Dan White <dwhite@xxxxxxx> wrote:

What can I do to determine why the call to getopt is failing?

What auxprop plugins were compiled?

I don't believe any are. I don't even know why it is *trying* auxprop plugins. I clearly selected LOGIN as the mechanism I want to use to authenticate.

./client -m LOGIN localhost

Try:

cat >> /usr/lib/sasl2/pluginviewer.conf << EOF
ldapdb_uri: ldapi:///
sql_select: select please_work from the_ether
EOF

I did this, except changing the path to the one configured via the --with-configdir parameter: /opt/zimbra/conf/sasl2

Just for kicks, I also put a copy in /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/lib/sasl2 (where the sasl binaries & libraries are installed). However, the result is always the same:

~# pluginviewer -a
Installed and properly configured auxprop mechanisms are:
sql ldapdb sasldb

root@zre-ubuntu10-64:/home/build/p4/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl# /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl/sbin/pluginviewer -a
Installed and properly configured auxprop mechanisms are:
<none>

Adjust the path to pluginviewer.conf accordingly.

See notes above.

I would also note, that with cyrus-sasl 2.1.23, where things *work* just fine, I get the same result:

root@zqa-061:/opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23.3z/sbin# ./pluginviewer -a
Installed auxprop mechanisms are:
(null)

It seems to me like the lack of auxprop mechanisms completely breaks Cyrus-SASL in 2.1.25, where as in 2.1.23, other plugins would continue to work.

No plugin other than PLAIN, LOGIN, GSSAPI or GS2 can work without auxprop plugins. How are you verifying account passwords with LOGIN?