Re: authentication problems tls_start_servertls() failed

On 06/06/10 14:19 -0500, Joe Klein wrote:
Does anyone have a good troubleshooting FAQ for conditions that cause
tls_start_servertls() failed? I have two servers (FreeBSD 8.0 and
8.1PRERELEASE) (intending to build a murder) ... the secound one started
to fail identification after a late night upgrade. I am trying to figure
out what I may have fatfingerd.

Also, any tutorials on implementing pgsql as the cyrusdb back end?

Joe,

STARTTLS is (mostly) outside the scope of cyrus sasl. The info-cyrus list
should cast you a wider net. You should include any syslog or debugging
information you have collected, the version of cyrus imap you're using,
which SSL library you're using and any pertinent imapd.conf and cyrus.conf
configuration.

For authentication purposes, you can use pgsql for your user credentials.
Documentation can be found in:

/doc/options.html in your sasl source, or online at
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/cyrus2/options.html

I found some tutorials by search for "cyrus postgresql imapd.conf
auxprop" at google.

--
Dan White