Re: CyrusSASL 2.1.22 + Postfix 2.5 + Outlook 2007

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Pascal Gienger wrote:
Thanks for your answer, Dan. The weird part is that the SPA checkbox
remained unchecked in all the tests. This 0x800CCC80 Outlook error seems
to be epidemic, BTW.

Did you try to trace the connection? Are you sure that it tries NTLM even when it's not advertised by the imap server?
On Microsoft Technet I only found this about the 0x800CCC80 error:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2852868&SiteID=17

Hallo Pascal und danke,

I think I found the problem, which is really weird. In postfix I configured $mynetworks as SASL exceptions, so my clients sending from $mynetworks don't need to use SMTP auth. With Outlooks <> 2007 there were no problems if SMTP auth was checked, but with Outlook 2007 the 0x800CCC80 was throwed. I removed the $mynetworks exception and SASL worked just as expedted :o

Regsards,
Rodolfo.