Re: Sendmail authentication fails using SASL2

Also,

The 'smtptest' app is a good tool for testing authentication (part of cyrus imapd).

Also, if you haven't already, check our your auth.log in addition to your syslog/messages log.

I don't know if it's against syntax, but I haven't seen entries like this without a space before:

pwcheck_method:saslauthd

I put a space after the colon:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd

- Dan

Scott Likens wrote:
Simple test,

telnet localhost 25
ehlo whatever

which plugins do you see listed, LOGIN? PLAIN? CRAM-MD5? DIGEST-MD5 NTLM?

Verify you are using the proper mech, and verify your sendmail is setup for authentication properly, perhaps post your MC that you have for Sendmail?