Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.4a file/swap crypto package

Hi,

also, Jari released aespipe version 2.4b (I somehow didn't get an
announce mail so I just quote from aespipe's official ChangeLog):

aespipe-v2.4b     June 3 2010
 - Added DESTDIR make variable for "make install DESTDIR=/tmp/root", and
   support for separate build directory (mkdir xx; cd xx; ../configure).
   Patch from Alon Bar-Lev.
 - Added faster (single thread) parallelized version of MD5 for amd64.
 - Added support for VIA padlock hardware AES.
 - Added support for Intel hardware AES.
 - Added x86/amd64/padlock/intelaes auto-detections to ./configure
   script, and these options to override its guesses:
 --disable-asm
 --enable-asm=x86 --enable-asm=amd64 --enable-padlock
 --disable-padlock
 --enable-intelaes --disable-intelaes

So far I only tested it on x86_64 and there's indeed both a
speed-bump and less overall CPU load (CPU load spikes are a bit
higher than with aespipe-v2.3e but I guess that's to be expected).

Last but not least: This month it has been 3 years since the loop-AES
FAQ collection went public. It has been updated to reflect the most
recent loop-AES version, new patches have been added.

I hope it's interesting for Slackware users to know that by now
aespipe and dietlibc made it to slackbuilds.org. Pre-compiled and
signed packages are available for Slackware 13.1 in my public
Slackware builds repository.

Enjoy.
--
left blank, right bald