Re: Shutdown failure and empty boot.log with encrypted system

* Frederick Gazerblezeebe <fgazerblezeebe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have two issues:  The first is since encrypting /, the file
> /var/log/boot.log is no longer written.  Is this a problem with my
> /specific setup or is this how it behaves for everyone else?

Is /var already mounted when boot.log is being written? Search init
scripts for boot.log (usually it's just a dmesg > file)

> Ideas?  Can I provide other information that would be helpful with
> troubleshooting?

Idea: I'd guess it's one more script issue, and dig through fedora's
shutdown scripts and adapt them so that /var and /usr are unmounted
at last, right before the actual sync; reboot; magic

--
left blank, right bald
loop-AES FAQ: http://mareichelt.de/pub/texts.loop-aes.php#faq