Write speeds to usb drive have doubled in loop-aes-3.2f?

Just upgraded to loop-aes-3.2f from loop-aes-3.2b (I think it was).

Like magic, write speeds to a usb hd on a 2.4.xx kernel (while doing the dd from /dev/zero to an encrypted loop device to prefill a partition) appear to have almost doubled.

Before I was only getting about 3.5MB/s.  Now I am getting around 6.5MB/s.

I'm wondering if this might not be a very pleasant result from "Maximum prealloc limit increased to 4096 pages" in the Changelog for 3.2f?

Of coures this is a guess - perhaps writes to this usb hd are just faster as I get further into the disk?

-