Re: loop-aes: make tests fails: Device busy

On Di, Mär 17 2009, Jari Ruusu wrote:

> [...]
> Not sure if this is related to above problem, but 'losetup -d' is not
> entirely race free. If a loop device has been opened by some process or
> another copy of losetup reading loop device status (losetup -a), then
> 'losetup -d' will fail with "Device or resource busy" error. This may happen
> even when it is held open only for a tiny fraction of a second.
>
> So, this problem may be solved by figuring out who/what opens or probes the
> loop device.

What should I do?

> Does it help if you force 'make tests' to use another loop device? Something
> like this:
>
>     make tests TLD=/dev/loop6

No, that did not help.
However, I realized that sometimes I get the following messages in
syslog:
__ratelimit: 10 callbacks suppressed
Buffer I/O error on device loop7, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device loop7, logical block 1
Buffer I/O error on device loop7, logical block 9

Sometimes, there are "30" or "50" callbacks instead of "10".
The above messages do not appear every time (although make tests
fails every time), and I fail to see a pattern.  I'll retry later
today.

Thanks
Jens

-