Re: regarding the cold-boot attack

Regarding the Cold Boot attack, it occurred to me that all you would have
to do to defeat it is rig the linux kernel (or whatever OS you're using)
to just fill the memory with 0's before shutting down completely (assuming
a soft shutdown is possible).  I'm not a computer programmer, but I would
imagine this would solve any problems with keys remaining in memory.  Is
this a viable option?  Or perhaps I'm missing something?

--Nicholas

-