denial of service problem

Hello,

it's been some year now since I use loopAES (thanks to Jari!) and it's hard to
complain. Still, there is one problem really bothering me when using my
laptop: if some application is using encrypted disk IO intensively, it is
even sometimes possible to reach a complete denial of service for ~10 min!!!
For example, today I managed to achieve it just by starting video player and
some terrible disk IO began for some reason (swap perhaps). I hate to
reboot...
This might be my main security vulnerability now.
The question I would like to ask: is there some way to balance system
resources consumption such a way, I still have acceptable responsibility
(access shell, lock session etc)?
It might be, I gave too little information, so I'd appreciate some questions
or ready-usable advices!

Apparently slow disk IO is the problem, but it IS caused by particular
programs, which could possibly have much lower priority. It is terribly high
now...

Have you experienced too slow reaction on session locking requests? What did
you do?

Regards,
Jan

-