Re: Kubuntu 7.10 64bit

Am Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:09:11 +0100
schrieb Peter_22@xxxxxx:

> *Update*
>
> Fine, I did as you said. I re-installed Kubuntu 7.10 64bit, installed
> loop-aes-utils, created your 3 scripts and built a new initrd. After
> copying the files on stick I rebooted but no pass phrase was asked.
What happened instead?
Without error messages, it's difficult to guess...
perhaps, you simply forgot to make the scripts executable (chmod
u+x ...) ? I forgot to mention it explicitly.
You can test the startup script without root-encryption. It's easier
this way. Leave the root partition unencrytped/decrypt it, and also
leave your fstab and syslinux.cfg-file like in the unencrypted case.
But, remove the 'quiet' option from syslinux.cfg to see all
(error-)messages during startup.
However, add the the scripts to /etc/initramfs-tools/* nevertheless.
Change just some lines to avoid endless loops and get all the
(error-)messages:

instead of:
--

TEST=1
while [ 0 != $TEST ] ; do

--

write something like:
--

I=0
echo "input"

--
Now, you should see at least some error messages.
After booting, you can ensure, that your "encrypted" root device has

rudi

-