Re: Problems building util-linux-ng on Fedora 8

Doug Campbell wrote:
> I am trying to implement loop-AES on a Fedora 8 installation without
> success at the moment.
[snip]
> configure: WARNING: uuid library is not found; mkswap(8) will not generate UUIDs
[snip]
> configure: error: blkid or volume_id is needed to build util-linux-ng.
[snip]
> So I am not sure what I am missing.  Any ideas?

You may want to install development packages of the libraries so that needed
C compiler header files will be present on the computer. Package naming may
vary from distro to another, but you can start by looking for packages with
"lib" prefix and/or "-dev" suffix. Something like this:

 libblkid-dev uuid-dev

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-