raid1 with loop-aes

Hi,

I created 2 equal sized partitions on separate disks:

/dev/hda2  --aes-->  /dev/loop1
/dev/hdb4  --aes-->  /dev/loop2

after copying some data to /dev/loop1, I used mdadm:

mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level 1 --raid-devices=2 --auto=yes missing /dev/loop1
mkfs -t ext3 /dev/loop2
mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/loop2

It took some time for kernel to finish syncing, I mounted partition and everything seemed to be just fine. After rebooting there was no /dev/md0 and, if I do "mdadm --create .." again, it was syncing just as long!

How you made your encrypted raid1 partitions work?
I hope, raid1 doesn't have to do long syncing after every reboot - does it?
Does above described raid1 usage means that CPU is encrypting the same data twice?

--
Regards,
Jan

-