Re: Help booting a gpg encrypted loop-aes backed root partition

* Jivko Sabev <jsabev@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone experienced this and been able to resolve the issue.

Hm. <tm>

Apart from the console issue RB described (which should not happen at
all, but I don't know Ubuntu), it could be related to pivot mode and
kernel boot parameters. I don't use pivot mode, here's my config:

#initrd.conf
INITRDONLY=0
USEPIVOT=0
USEDEVFS=0
BOOTDEV=/dev/hdc            # CDROM
BOOTTYPE=iso9660            # lowercase matters
CRYPTROOT=/dev/hda2
GPGKEYFILE=rootkey.gpg
ROOTTYPE=ext3
CIPHERTYPE=AES128