Re: 2.6.XX kernel for encrypted root

Jan Klod wrote:
> Please somebody tell me this: is that kernel for loop-aes supposed to boot
> before encrypting root and booting from external device?

It should boot all the way to "Password:" prompt. When wrong passphrase is
entered, it should complain about not being able to decrypt the key file.
When correct passphrase is entered, it should complain about mount failing.
Mount fails because unencrypted file system data decrypts to nonsense that
mount doesn't understand at all. Unencrypted file system data is not damaged
by this kind of experiment.

Please provide more information about your setup:
1) bootloader configuration
2) build-initrd.sh configuration
3) full kernel configuration, compressed
4) /etc/fstab contents
5) what device you are trying to boot from?

Without above information, it is difficult to say what is wrong.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-