Re: what is -lcrypt?

Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
It means just "crypt", which in turn actually means libcrypt.

Most probably you are missing a development-package.
AFAICT libcrypt comes with glibc2, in Debian distribution it is packaged alongside the libc inside the libc6-package. Which effectivly means that
it is impossible to not have it.

Your distribution (which?) appears to have it broken down a little bit different.
I'm using ubuntu. The bad news for me are: libc6 & libc6-dev were already there before installing. Looks like I am stuck with installing AES (I recompiled ubuntu kernel 2.6.17.14, followed AES readme)... I will let you know, if I find a solution.

PS: I hope that's not a problem, if I answer private posts back to list?

-