Re: Linux distro w/loop-aes

I wish Jari would change the README to clarify the
possibility of building and installing loop-aes
without a kernel recompile by replacing an existing
loop driver  module.

As I recall the possibility of not recompiling the
kernel exists in the README only with regard to
upgrading an existing loop-aes loop.o, and not with
regard to replacing a non-loop-aes loop.o.

As I understand it you still have to recompile the
kernel if you want to encryot the root filesystem or
if the loop driver has been compiled into the kernel.

I think loop-aes would be much more widely adopted if
this was better understood.  I think a ,ot of users
assume you have to replace the kernel based on the
README just to encrypt a partition, and they think,
"oh can't be bothered".  Then they use dmcrypt or
whatever.

-