Re: PATCH: build-initrd.sh add MODULEDIRECTORY

* Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> markus reichelt wrote:
> > I'm using a single boot medium for different machines using the same
> > kernel version and found this patch to make life a bit easier.
> [snip]
> > a cleaner approach this time (I hope...)
>
> Are you using same kernel version on different architectures, like
> 32bit x86 and 64bit amd64, or same architecture but
> uniprocessor/SMP boxes?

I'm using the same kernel version (2.6.20.11) on 32bit machines only,
and they are all single CPU (P-M, Celeron, XP Athlon, Sempron, C3)

> For 32bit/64bit your patch works if program binaries (losetup + gpg
> + etc.) are all 32bit. Same versions of kernels but different
> config should use different EXTRAVERSION= or whatever in kernel
> Makefile.

Ok, I guess I'll point to this hint. (I seem to forget about
EXTRAVERSION all the time)

Btw, concerning scripting in bash I just read about a syntax change
in bash 3.2 in the slackware-current ChangeLog:

"[...] syntax changes which may have occurred.  The fix for 99.9% of
these old scripts is to not use the deprecated `command` syntax and
instead use the $(command) syntax."

I guess I'll have to dig through quite some scripts in the near
future...

--
left blank, right bald