aes-pipe -p function.

I noticed something in aes-pipe that I found kinda odd (or at least didn't work the way I was expecting).

I was using a dos formated key file and a unix format key file in a command such as '...|aes-pipe -p 3 3<keys >foobar.out', and to my surprise they produced different results(foobar.out). I expected them to only work on the ascii representation of the keys, and to convert them into the actual binary key. Upon looking at the code though (hopefully I just overlooked something) it doesn't do such a conversion and it checks the keys file for '\n' or \0 to end a key line. So...

If this is the case, you can either 1) continue to use the ascii representation anyway, but then each byte of your key is limited to the ascii representation of 0-f. or 2) use binary keys, but make sure they do not contain the binary values 0x00 or 0x10 (which also means you can't run your key through a hash that could possibly produce these values).

Am I missing something or is this how it works?

Thanks,

Marco Fonseca

-