LUKS and loop-AES

Hi,

someone recently told me about LUKS:
http://luks.endorphin.org/

Their effort is to create a standard for linux disk encryption:
"LUKS is the upcoming standard for Linux hard disk encryption.
By providing a standard on-disk-format, it does not only facilitate
compatibility among distributions, but also provide secure management
of multiple user passwords. In contrast to existing solution, LUKS
stores all setup necessary setup information in the partition header,
enabling the user to transport or migrate his data seamlessly."

Jari and others, can you please tell me if looks is "good", i.e.
if it is as secure as loop-AES or if it has flaws; if the design
is fine, etc.
And Jari, might it happen that you integrate loop-AES into LUKS
or help those people make their code secure?

I will set up a fileserver configuration with > 1 TB disks in
two weeks and I'm also wondering if I might use LUKS already
because that configuration will be used for several years.

Thanks, Leo B.

-