Re: Huge Problem with cryptoloop and AES: Lost Password

Hi all,

many thanks for the first feedback! I think it was very helpful, especially the filesystem infos.

I ve some experience in programming and I think I will try to brute force my way in as I know the filesystem.

I will keep you informed about my progress and I may ask some more questions, but your help is already appreciated very much. I know _for sure_ only 2 chars out of 20, but i have some more info on the pattern. For example I used only letters and numbers and I am very sure that i did not repeat any character more than twice for example. and some chars i didn't use at all... I think that information programmed into a brute force tool which tries to find the described layout of the ext2 filesystem. It may take some time to complete but i am confident.

Do you have any ideas on how to actually calculate the key. For example should I create them on the fly as the programm is running or should I precalculate them in a dictionary (filesize may be big as I dont know how big the keyspace is ATM...)

Then there is the problem of pausing and resuming the brute force search. For example if a machine crashes, recovery data which stores already processed keys should be mandatory. I do not have an approach jet.

greetings,
l.r.