crypto-root-fs via debian-netinst.iso (dailybuild) ? - NOT YET -

What I, Reverend, experienced (01.Aug.2006):

I tryed the newest iso's from the 28. and 31.July 2006 to get  strong root-fs-
encryption with dm-crypt or loop-AES.-

1.) The installer lets you choose between dm-crypt or loop-AES,   -fine.

2.) You than want to partition with crypto-features and than manage the partitions
     with format, Mountpoints, etc..
     I tryed 8 to 10 times to found a way to partition AND manage the partitions
     but I could only do once. If I choose what looks like encryption, than the
     Mountpoints where not there, unreachable to me, or I could reach and set
     the Mountpoints and could not encrypt anything.

3.) If you choose loop-AES, what I did several times and you go the sensless
     way of encryption without Mountpoints, you reach the point where you
     must strike the keyboard (not mouse) maybe thousands of time to get, what
     looks to be the /dev/random-reservoir for the gpg-key to make.
     After 10 minutes or so the responsible menupoint crashes without warning,
     I tryed this about 5 times.

I am waiting for newer netinst.iso's to come and will report if usefull.

           regards,         Reverend

-