Re: root-crypto with loop-aes on debian-testing, 2.6.15-1-686--success, but....

Before I could read this response, I found a similar way and got access;
luckily the modules where there.........

It worked, but I had to recompile the kernel because the klogd made high load.

I deleted something more from the working and selfcompiled kernel and
name it uname -r-crypto-b and so I did with the initrd.img, the .config and the
directory in /boot/modules, but it do not work anymore.

This new kernel looked not to work and I build it back, but nothing worked anymore at all.

I can acces the crypted /hda3 via knoppix but it looks that everything is there.
Of course I also have access to hda1 (unencrypted /boot).

Is this so fragile that this can happen anytime or a mistake from me ?

I am allways ending in busybox after:

(no PW-prompt)
mount: Mounting /dev/hda3 on /root failed: No such device

                 Reverend

-