Re: root-crypto with loop-aes on debian-testing, 2.6.15-1-686--NEWTRY-NEW-ERROR

reverend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> After rebootíng I waitet for the PW to give; instead I got the following crap:
>       mounting /dev/hda3 on /root failed: No such device
>        mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed: No such file or directory
>        mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
>        mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
>        Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init
>
>        Busybox ...............
>
> I was never asked for PW and it looks to me that, again, all related to
> build-initrd.sh had failed maximal, last time I stood in the busybox with
> no-console, if that was true.

Your bootloader configuration is wrong. The initrd that your bootloader is

Please post your bootloader configuration and build-initrd.sh configuration
parts.

> I tried (under Knoppix)
>
> mount -t ext2 /dev/hda3 /mnt -o loop=/dev/loop0,encryption=AES256,gpgkey=/mnt/hda1/rootkey.gpg
                          ^^^^                                             ^^^^
Not a very good idea to try to mount something over existing non-empty
directory.

> I used loop0 in /etc/fstab for hda3 (which is / ("root")) and in the
> build-initrd.sh (where it is loop5 by default).

The root loop-device index in build-initrd.sh configuration *must* match the
the one used in /etc/fstab .

Please post your /etc/fstab as well, reading it using knoppix if need be.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-