thanks for feedback, but once computer is on?

Many thanks for all the feedbacks  to my question.

In the first instance aes-loop is the way to go, but once the computer is
on and password has been applied then aes-loop has done its job -this is a very crude if  perhaps incorrect assumption. Now what measures can be taken
to protect your data? for example (not a very good one as this is the other exterme) but you run a mail server, i suppose EncFS  might a step in the
right direction.

The circle I am trying to complete is encryption on a labtop
against say theft or trusted parties abuseing that trust,(loop-aes) and finally trying to think of a way to protect data once the os is running.

Rodger

-