Re: Using many (say 20) active loop-devices?

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 10:01:52PM +0100, markus reichelt wrote:
> * Markus Laire <malaire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is it trivial to use, say 20 (or more), loop-devices at the same time?
>
> AFAIK, there's _somewhere_ a variable/constant/definition which can
> be set to the # of loop-devices you need.

For modular loop-AES, you can also just set the max_loop
module option (values up to 256 IIRC)

  modinfo loop
  modprobe loop max_loop=32

> > ps. Is this the right place to ask about losetup (included in
> > loop-aes-utils) when I'm using it without encryption?
>
> If you use loop-aes on your system (one way or the other), I think
> yes it is.
>
> Anyway, as the saying goes: use the source, luke ;-)

In case the source won't work for you, or if you suspect
something specific to the Debian/Ubuntu/.. system or package,
you can write to loop-aes-utils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx too.

cheers,
Max

-