Re: Debian on loop-AES on RAID5

Am Samstag, 28. Januar 2006 20:55 schrieb Leo Bogert:
ja hallo erstmal,...

> > > Now, as far as I know, Debian does not support being
> > > installed from within a running linux.
> >

> > fup2 debian-users

Please do so.

> I have read about that but as far as I have unterstood it, debootstrap is
> primarily a tool for customizing the installation.

I was refering to cdebootstrap.
No. Where did you read so? It simple install debians as default as possible.

> I don't want to create
> my own "from scratch" Debian as I might break up some important stuff or
> whatever,

As far as I got, you try to install debian. What do you expect to break?

> I would prefer using the standard installation routines if that's
> possible?

What is standard in your opinion?
Debian-installer doesn't suite here. When you want to install debian within a
running linux, you usually have an already partioned harddrive, booted kernel
modules, running internet connection etc.
If you really want to use debian installer - what I really don't recommend,
you may download the root.img floppy for your debian distribution and chroot
into the containing initrd with /sbin/debian-installer as shell.

Keep smiling
yanosz

-