Re: Two keys for the same encrypted file

Alle 18:31, domenica 9 ottobre 2005, Jari Ruusu ha scritto:
> Above "head -c 15 /dev/urandom | uuencode -m - | head -n 2 | tail -n
> 1" is completely unnecessary and unused here.

Ok, but why? In LoopAes.README this is the procedure for a physical
device. Aren't it valid for a file backed loop?

> Seems you are using file backed loop. Read-only mounting iso9960
> images and such work fine with file backed loops. My advise is to
> avoid writable file backed loops.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

> If you use public key crypto and specify multiple recipients when you
> encrypt the key file contents, then each recipient can use their gpg
> private key passphrase to unlock the key file contents. Time limit
> can be enforced by re-encrypting key file contents using different
> set of recipients.

Yes, this is a solution.
But my problem is to give a time-limit access at some files backed loop
with a key file distributed to specific allowed users. This acces must
be time-limited (from 1 to 3 week by a specific date). No public or
private key are available, there is only the gpg/pgp installation on
the host (yes I use this file also on other o.s.).
Is my explanation clearly? :)
Thanks.

-