Re: LoopAES and util-linux

Alle 18:16, sabato 8 ottobre 2005, Jari Ruusu ha scritto:
>Why is that 'AMD64_ASM=n' there?

Since I've a x86-32 cpu I don't need AMD64 assembler AES and MD5
implementations (is it wrong?)

> Can you post output of 'env' and 'cat make_include' commands?

Sure:

env ##############################

TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
OLDPWD=/
USER=root
GDK_USE_XFT=1
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11
PWD=/usr/src/util-linux-2.12r
PS1=[\t]\u@\h:\w\$
HOME=/root
SHLVL=2
LOGNAME=root
_=/usr/bin/env

##################################

cat make_include #################

VERSION=2.12r
CC=cc
CFLAGS=-02
LDFLAGS=-s
HAVE_UUID=yes
HAVE_RAW_H=yes
HAVE_NCURSES=yes
CURSESFLAGS=-DNCH=1
LIBCURSES=-lncurses
HAVE_TERMCAP=yes
LIBTERMCAP=-ltermcap
NEED_LIBCRYPT=yes
FOREIGN = --foreign-user
HAVE_XGETTEXT=yes
HAVE_OPENPTY=yes
HAVE_PIVOT_ROOT=yes
HAVE_ZLIB=yes
HAVE_BLKID=yes

##################################

> This is what 'CFLAGS=-O2 ./configure' says here on debian Sarge:

I've sarge too (installed with chroot) and I've installed some needed
packages, the actual outuput is now near yours :) :

CFLAGS=-02 ./configure

configuring util-linux-2.12r

You have <scsi/scsi.h>
You have <linux/blkpg.h>
You have <linux/kd.h>
You have <locale.h>
You have <langinfo.h>
You have <sys/user.h>
You have <uuid/uuid.h>
You have <rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h>
You have <asm/types.h>
You have <linux/raw.h>
You have <stdint.h>
You have <sys/io.h>
You have inet_aton()
You have fsync()
You have getdomainname()
You have nanosleep()
You have personality()
You have updwtmp()
You have fseeko()
You have lchown()
You have rpmatch()
You have <term.h>
You have ncurses. Using <ncurses.h>.
You have termcap
You need -lcrypt
You have <libintl.h> and gettext()
You have __progname
You have <pty.h> and openpty()
You have wide character support
You have SYS_pivot_root
You have a tm_gmtoff field in struct tm
Your rpcgen output does not compile - using pregenerated code
You have zlib
You have blkid

The problem now is lcrypt and rpcgen and I don't know really how to
resolve it.

> I believe util-linux package is required for normal operation and
> removing it is probably a bad idea. Setting mount package on hold and
> replacing few binaries with newer versions works just fine.

So, can I replace the singles patched executables (mount, umount,
losetup, swapon, swapoff)?
Thanks very much for the replay!

-