Re: LoopAES and util-linux

kinto wrote:
> make LINUX_SOURCE=/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.12 KEYSCRUB=y AMD64_ASM=n
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^
Why is that 'AMD64_ASM=n' there?

> configuring util-linux-2.12r
>
> You don't have <scsi/scsi.h>
> You don't have <linux/blkpg.h>
> You don't have <linux/kd.h>
> You don't have <locale.h>
[snip]
> You don't have ncurses - I will not make ul and setterm.
> You don't have termcap - I will not make more.
> You need -lcrypt
> Strange... Static compilation fails here.
[snip]
> Your rpcgen output does not compile - using pregenerated code
> You don't have zlib
> You don't have blkid

Something is really wrong with your installed compiler or libraries or you
have some strange environment variables set that affect parameters passed to
compiler or linker.

Can you post output of 'env' and 'cat make_include' commands?

This is what 'CFLAGS=-O2 ./configure' says here on debian Sarge:

configuring util-linux-2.12r

You have <scsi/scsi.h>
You have <linux/blkpg.h>
You have <linux/kd.h>
You have <locale.h>
You have <langinfo.h>
You have <sys/user.h>
You have <uuid/uuid.h>
You have <rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h>
You have <asm/types.h>
You have <linux/raw.h>
You have <stdint.h>
You have <sys/io.h>
You have inet_aton()
You have fsync()
You have getdomainname()
You have nanosleep()
You have personality()
You have updwtmp()
You have fseeko()
You have lchown()
You have rpmatch()
You have <term.h>
You have ncurses. Using <ncurses.h>.
You have termcap
You need -lcrypt
You have <libintl.h> and gettext()
You have __progname
You have <pty.h> and openpty()
You have wide character support
You have SYS_pivot_root
You have a tm_gmtoff field in struct tm
Your rpcgen seems to work
You have zlib
You have blkid

> I've already util-linux installed and if I try to remove the actual
> installation with `apt-get remove util-linux` (I'm on debian) other
> packages are kept back for remove:
>
> base-config console-common console-data console-tools initrd-tools
> initscripts modutils sysvinit util-linux

I believe util-linux package is required for normal operation and removing
it is probably a bad idea. Setting mount package on hold and replacing few
binaries with newer versions works just fine.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-