Re: Problems building from tarballs solved

I must confess, I never did that. On all pervious versions of SuSE I only
made neccessary changes to boot encrypted root from usb-stick and only built
the kernel image + loop.ko. That´s it. So far it worked with the same
modules before and after. The latest kernel upgrade I made works fine, with
no modules recompiled.
But I´d like to know how to build a single module out of the kernel sources,
or refresh module dependencies for those parts that have been built into the
kernel. The SATA driver and IDE support had to be built in, for example.
My efforts towards booting from a cardreader and tiny SD cards were not
successful because my bios doesn´t recognize the cardreaders I could get so
far.

Regards,
Peter

-