Re: Building loop-aes from debian sources - fakesource

Hi Phil,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 08:01:15AM -0700, Phil H wrote:
> No problem at all bulding loop-aes for 2.4.27 from debian sources
> (from sid) using method 4 of the README.debian ie using official tree,
> headers and image sources (see below). Works fine.

> the `m-a fakesource` approach bombs out with a
> 'rule not found for somethingorother` message.

You need only one of the method described in 4) or module-assistant
fakesource; If the method 4 works for you, there is no need to use
module-assistant fakesource and vice versa.

If you want to use module-assistant, what was the exact message it
returned? Please expand the "somethingorother" part.

> do you really just need the actual sources the running
> kernel was in fact built from?

Yes. The actual sources are fine.

BTW: please send Debian specific questions to the relevant places
(debian-user list, BTS, me, etc.); I guess this is all not very
interesting nor relevant for most people on linux-crypto.

cheers,
Max

-