Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.0d file/swap crypto package

On Jun 21, 2005, at 8:11 PM, Christian Kujau wrote:

Boyd Waters schrieb:
[...]

random bits, that is itself encrypted by GPG. You may use GPG to
encrypt however you want: you may use public-key encryption, in which
case you may have a number of users, each with their own secret
password, all of them can decrypt the disk-encryption password and thus
access the loop-AES partition.

i was talking about changing the encryption cipher, not the passphrase. i found aes128 faster than twofish128 on my machine, so i wanted to change
it. the passphrase of the gpg key was not changed here.

Ah, yes -- well, do not *ever* re-encrypt in-place (from/to the same data volume) with dd! I suppose it would work, as loop-AES is a block- level cipher, but I always move from one *disk* device to another when modifying the underlying encryption scheme.

~ boyd

-